Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Card Stock Storage Redo

I took advantage of the wet weather we had recently to reorganize my collection of card stock. With the upcoming Stampin' Up! Color Renovation, I wanted to redo my filing system.




After trying three different ways of organizing - and I don't want to know how many hours wasted! - I think I am happy enough with my new system. Rather than store my colors in the new Stampin' Up! color families as I have the past 10 years, I ended up storing all reds, blues, etc together.

No, I don't intend on purging any of the retired colors. I still have some from the last revamp years ago! Mint Melody or Mauve Mist ring a bell? I may need a particular shade for a project; call me a hoarder, a pack rat, I don't mind =)


8.5" x 11" card stock is grouped by colors and stored in hanging file folders. Medium sized pieces of scraps are in another folder within. Each hanging file has a tab made from a scap of the colored card stock that I wrote the name on.

I punched a piece of every color of card stock with the Word Window Punch from Stampin' Up! then arranged them in order of the colors in each drawer. They were attached to the front of the drawers on the outside to help me find the correct colors. 

Tiny scraps have their own metal boxes (another repurposed item from the hospital, they used to hold slides). 

12x12 card stock and decorative papers are stored standing on end in wooden storage cubes and one plastic drawer on its side at the end of my work table. 




I'm sorry to see so many of our beautiful colors retire, but I am loving the new colors and color families ! I'm fortunate to have just enough space in my craft dungeon to add those two filing cabinets I found at a yard sale last week. They will be quite useful for storing some of my retiring colors in addition to the new colors giving me so many fantastic colors to work with.

Now it is time to redo the stamp set dresser - I need to see if I can squeeze in a few new stamp sets I am sure to *need* from the new catalog =) Just a little over a month until the 2010-2011 Stampin' Up! Idea Book goes "live", exciting !!!!!

Thanks for looking !

No comments:

Post a Comment

THANK YOU for taking the time to leave your comments. I hope I've inspired you to get a bit crafty today ;)