Monday, June 21, 2010

Father's Day Cards

I've seen the new Stampin' Up! Idea Book and was sad to see that there are no new automotive stamps to speak of. I loved the old now retired Classic Convertibles and Classic Pickups sets, was hoping that they would introduce another stamp set similar to those. There is a new farm themed set with an old 1956(?) Ford pickup. It has the bed full of apples and a sign on the tailgate; I doubt I buy it since it has such limited use for me. I like classic muscle car and hot rod car stamps since my friends and family are into them. I don't know that they would care for a card with "Fresh Apples" on it  =)

I've used those two Classics stamp sets so much for cards for my dad that this year I decided to make a card with a photo of his show truck on it. The card folds at the top; it is 4 1/4" wide by 5 1/2" tall.





Supplies all from Stampin' Up!:
Basic Black, Whisper White and Metallic Silver cardstock
5/8" black satin ribbon
Whisper White craft ink - to stamp on ribbon, set aside to dry at least 24 hours before handling
Teeny Tiny Wishes stamp set
Texturz plate






The above card I created for my dads birthday earlier this year. It is an easel card, the instructions can be found here:
Supplies from Stampin' Up!:
Glossy White, Basic Gray, Basic Black card stock
Basic Black ink
colored pencils
scalloped border punch
white crayon
sponged Going Gray ink over the colored image (Crayon Resist Technique http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/resources/tutorials/crayon_resist/ )
to get a sort of weathered, worn antiquey look to the colors.

The stamp sets are Classic Convertibles, Classic Pickups, Antique Autos, Highways and Byways background stamp  and Birthday Best , all by Stampin' Up! and all are retired.
The gray satin ribbon was bought elsewhere.

Thanks for looking !

1 comment:

  1. I love the idea of using a real photo on your card. I might have to do that with some of my flower photos too! Too Cool!

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU for taking the time to leave your comments. I hope I've inspired you to get a bit crafty today ;)