Friday, June 4, 2010

Faux Tin Heart


I do not have step by step photographs for this project or a pattern, sorry. Since I am new to blogging and don't have any recent projects to take step by step photos of, I am posting some of my favorite past projects that I did photograph once complete. I will try to describe how I made them as best I am able.

This is a little something I came up with for my mom.

If you do not have anything heart shaped to use as a pattern to trace, you can make your own. First, trace the outline of your embossing folder or texturz plate onto a piece of paper to give you the correct size, cut out. Fold this piece of paper in half. Draw half of a heart on the fold, cut out. Open it up for the entire heart shape; you may need to trim it (or as in my case make a totally new pattern!) to look more heart like. Flatten out and trace this heart pattern onto your two pieces of card stock (I used Gold Metallic from Stampin' Up!), cut out. Run the heart pieces through your embossing folder / texturz plate one at a time (I used the Finial Press embossing folder from Stampin' Up!).

After your heart pieces are embossed, you can apply paint to "antique" them. I quickly brushed on cream acrylic craft paint, I wasn't concerned about total coverage. After the cream paint dried I dabbed my finger into gold metallic craft paint and rubbed it over the raised areas of the embossed design on the heart. Once again, not looking for total coverage, I wanted a sort of worn, vintage look. After both pieces were dry I glued the two straight edges down to the point together with sticky strip, this creates the pocket. I hot glued gold organdy ribbon (retired from Stampin' Up!) and bows to make the "hanger".

The "flowers" were created with popsicle sticks, Real Red Cardstock (Stampin' Up!), scalloped circle punch (Stampin' Up!), retired Stampin' Up! stamp set , Encore Gold metallic ink (Stampin' Up!). I used a dab of low temp hot melt glue to adhere the chocolates to the flowers.

The faux hankie was created by punching the edge of lightweight paper with the Eyelet Border Punch from Stampin' Up! then lightly rubbing on Creamy Caramel classic ink (also from Stampin' Up!).

Thanks for looking !

No comments:

Post a Comment

THANK YOU for taking the time to leave your comments. I hope I've inspired you to get a bit crafty today ;)