Monday, June 7, 2010

Mini Tin Bucket



My daylillies are in full bloom, prompting me to find this old project to share. The Whisper White card stock was stamped with the now retired Watercolor Garden 2 stamp set, Ruby Red, Only Orange and Garden Green classic ink, detailed with a Basic Black marker. All supplies used were available from Stampin! Up!



These cute little buckets were found at the dollar spot. Easy to embellish in so many ways for quick gifts. I only have two of my bucket projects photographed. The second project was a cute way to give M & Ms: Whisper White cardstock stamped with various Bold Bright classic ink colors and the "M" stamp from the Alphadots stamp set, all items were from Stampin' Up!







The easiest way to make a pattern for the center area, for me, was to roll the center ridges on a water based ink pad or marker, then roll a large piece of scrap paper along the entire bucket. You could also wrap lightweight paper around the bucket then "smoosh" along the ridges to make a slightly raised area showing where the ridges are, where to cut. I then cut along those two lines, actually just to the inside of them a tiny bit to make it slightly smaller.

After you have the pattern cut, be sure to place it onto the bucket to see if you will need to trim for a better fit. Once you are happy with the way the pattern fits, you can trace it onto the card stock or decorative paper you will use for the final project. Stamp, embellish, etc as you desire then adhere to the bucket with super sticky double sided adhesive, such as Sticky Strip from Stampin' Up!

On the daylily bucket project I removed the handle then ran beads onto it. I've also tied on ribbons. These buckets (or repurposed containers, I'll post some of those projects another day) can be done in so many fun ways. How about a "Sports Nut" bucket for guys filled with peanuts and wrapped with sports themed paper ?


Thanks for looking !

No comments:

Post a Comment

THANK YOU for taking the time to leave your comments. I hope I've inspired you to get a bit crafty today ;)