Friday, June 4, 2010

Pickup Truck Shaped Gift Box


marker is for photo purposes only, to keep the top up



I do not have step by step photographs for this project or a pattern, sorry. Since I am new to blogging and don't have any recent projects to take step by step photos of, I am posting some of my favorite past projects that I did photograph once complete. I will try to describe how I made them as best I am able.

This was truly a make it as I went along project with absolutely no instructions. I looked at a photo of the truck I wanted to recreate, made a few sketches and just started cutting, adjusting, gluing, etc.

I used metallic gold card stock for the truck, Basic Black card stock for the tires and bed cover "lid" to the truck bed box. Both are from Stampin' Up!

The chrome grille, wheels and mirrors were made with a scrap of silver metallic paper from some packaging my mom gave me, knowing that one day I would probably find a use for it. Perfect that it ended up being used on a project for my dad !

The headlights were cut from old drafting vellum scraps I had in my stash.

The windows are Whipser White card stock from Stampin' Up! that were detailed with Classic Black marker and ink with an aquapainter.

The tires and wheels were both punched out with circle punches. I used a permanent black marker for details on the wheels and grille.

Red indoor/outdoor acrylic craft paint for the stripes.

Aquapainter and classic Black ink for details on the truck body.

The truck is constructed of two side panels, an open top box for the bed, a piece that had been notched along scored fold lines on either side to bend and adhere to the sides creating the hood and cab. Sticky strip and Tombow liquid glue were used to hold the various parts together.

The bedcover is sort of like a box top with one end glued to the back of the cab and cut to make a "hinge". The bed cover lifts up, but still attached to the back of the cab, to reveal the goodies in the bed and a card attached to the underside of the cover.

Thanks for looking !

1 comment:

  1. Hello!

    This is fantastic! You are a true artist! Wonderful project! :<)

    Wishing you a happy day today!

    Barbara Diane

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU for taking the time to leave your comments. I hope I've inspired you to get a bit crafty today ;)