Friday, July 2, 2010

Americana Clay Pots Wind Chime




I made this years ago; now looking at it I think I'd make it three pots long and paint horizontal stripes on the lower two pots (the way it is now, it reminds me of a candystriper jumper or maybe barbershop singer vest). I've made several types of clay pot bells over the years, so many ways to paint them - and they are cheap, too !

I used indoor/outdoor acrylic craft paint on this project. I didn't seal them with anything first, I just painted a couple of coats as needed. The star was stamped with a cut up kitchen sponge dipped lightly into acrylic craft paint. The stripes were hand painted with a paint brush.

After the pots are thoroughly dry, string them together with twine and wooden beads to create the bell / wind chimes.

Thanks for looking !
Have a happy and safe Fourth Of July weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

THANK YOU for taking the time to leave your comments. I hope I've inspired you to get a bit crafty today ;)