Thursday, July 15, 2010

Chocolate Bar Wrap / Gift Card Holder
















In my next few posts I'll share the "classes" I submitted to Stampin' Up! for a contest. Today I am sharing the first project that I submitted to Stampin Up! as part of their Demonstrator Challenge series, to write class projects following the monthly theme they gave us. The winner received a free stamp set, but we all won by seeing many wonderful class ideas shared by generous Demonstrators. Although there was usually only a single winner, several Demonstrators had their projects published to the Stampin' Up! Demonstrator Web Site - I was lucky enough to have several of my projects posted, but never actually won. This candy bar wrap/ gift card holder was the first idea I submitted - and it was published !

The final project I submitted was the Bella Pets Scrapbook Wall Art project that I have previously posted here.

This candy bar wrap was easy. I used the packaging from a Dove© chocolate bar as my pattern. The gift card insert was my own idea. If you like the idea you could probably adapt it to fit a different brand.






SUPPLIES:
1 Sheet of 8 ½ x 11 cardstock

1 ¾” x 8” strip of coordinating cardstock or designer paper

14” of coordinating ribbon

Scalloped Edge punch

Word Window punch

Handheld 1/8” hole punch or paper piercer

Choice of inks and stamp sets (I used Snow Swirled and Many Merry Messages stamp sets, Real Red and Baja Breeze classic inks)

Whatever other embellishments you would like to add, such as brads or glitter

Sticky Strip, Snail

The following instructions are for the basic wrap shown, but they may be further embellished.

Print the pattern then cut out along the solid lines (I'm not sure if this will print true to size though, sorry). If your printer has the option, you will want to change the print settings so that it prints in a lighter gray.Stamp desired images on the solid white side (the printed lines should be on the inside once completed). Score along the dashed lines. Fold along the score lines, creating a sort of envelope. Attach a small piece of Sticky Strip to the left and the right side of the bottom flap, on the inside, to hold the side flaps in place.
Punch two (or four if you prefer) pieces of scrap cardstock with the Word Window punch. Wrap one piece around each of two opposite corners of the gift card you would like to include (optional); this is like a photo corner mount, it will keep the giftcard in place. Use tiny pieces of Snail or Sticky Strip to keep the ends of the Word Window/gift card corner holder in place. I make mine fit snuggly around the gift card so there is no movement, possibly a chance it will fall out. The recipient needs to tear/cut one of the mounts to remove the gift card. Use the scallop edge punch , piercer and more rubber stamps, if desired, to decorate the strip of cardstock that will wrap around the envelope. Wrap the decorative strip of cardstock around the closed envelope then attach a small piece of Sticky Strip to adhere the ends of the strip together.Wrap the ribbon around the strip of cardstock and tie. Add any extra embellishments !


Thanks for looking !

No comments:

Post a Comment

THANK YOU for taking the time to leave your comments. I hope I've inspired you to get a bit crafty today ;)