Monday, July 12, 2010

Decor Elements on my laptop

I finally broke down and applied a Decor Elements to my old laptop computer! I'd been thinking about it for some time, but didn't really want to decorate it if I was going to buy a new one. I kept going back and forth trying to justify the purchase of a new laptop vs. upgrading the old one. In the end I decided that the old laptop works just fine for no more often than I use it so I would save my money - and apply it so something more useful such as a new kitchen floor !

I've never used a Decor Elements (or any other die cut vinyl home decor piece for that matter), not even seen one in person but have read good reviews. It really was fast and easy to apply.

Be sure to read the instructions completely before starting the application process, don't just assume how to do it.

I will admit I'm not sure how long it will last since the laptop case is slightly textured and it is not recommended for textured surfaces.




This is the laptop before. There was a silver Compaq logo on the front that I could not remove. It is slightly recessed into the case. I decided to color over the silver portion with a black permanent marker so maybe it wouldn't detract from the daisy design as much. I'm not sure how the decor elements will hold up over that recessed portion; I rubbed on it really well and it is sticking for now.

The light blue "tube" is the decor elements on the backing papers. The tan tube is the shipping tube. It is really sturdy so I plan on reusing it for something else. Saving some of the kids' artwork in maybe........




After ! I don't use this computer very often, when I do it is at the local library. I wonder how many stares it will receive ?
Thanks for looking !


If you don't like something change it; if you can't change it, change the way you think about it.
- Mary Engelbreit

1 comment:

  1. WHat a terrific idea! WIsh I could do that with my work computer but they would KILL me!!!

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU for taking the time to leave your comments. I hope I've inspired you to get a bit crafty today ;)