Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Retirement Card


I haven't made any new cards/projects for quite a while, but the past week I've had a need for three cards. I have a stash of premade cards, but sometimes they just won't work so I need to whip up a new one. Today I am sharing the retirement card I made last weekend using Stampin' Up! supplies.
Stamp Sets:
Along The Shore, Just Jeans - retired
Teeny Tiny Wishes, Wonderfully Worn - current
Card Stock:
Glossy White
Crumb Cake
Baja Breeze
Classic Ink:
Basic Black
Baja Breeze
Soft Sky - retired
Brilliant Blue - retired
Crumb Cake
Early Espresso
Markers:
Certainly Celery
Always Artichoke
Wild Wasabi
Crumb Cake
Ribbon:
not Stampin' Up!
white crayon for the crayon resist technique found here

I colored over the chair , cloud and scribbled on waves with the white crayon first. I then used a piece of torn scrap paper as a "mask" to cover portions of the image before inking. I covered the upper portion of the image, the sky area, and sponged on Brillaint Blue ink to create the ocean. I then used the other half of the torn paper to line up over that inked ocean to sponge on Soft Sky, Baja Breeze for the sky. Gently remove any ink that is on the crayon by rubbing with a tissue.



Thanks for looking !

No comments:

Post a Comment

THANK YOU for taking the time to leave your comments. I hope I've inspired you to get a bit crafty today ;)