Thursday, July 22, 2010

Repurposed Mushroom Container


after








before







"Hello, my name is Heather and I am a hoarder of all things reusable." Well, not all things, I cut back since I have a good sized stash of items to repurpose as it is and no use for them once they are done. I started saving items to repurpose when I ran the holiday bazaar at the elementary school years ago; it was a cheap way to make gifts for the children to buy. It was also nice to resuse items at least once more before they ended up in the landfill.

Anyway, I could not resist keeping this pink plastic container that fresh mushrooms came in from the grocery store ! I'd never seen them in a container like this before, solid plastic and PINK ! It could find a new life being used for many different things, but I chose to make it into a cute little bath set gift basket. So easy to do and made a cute, fairly inexpensive gift.

I stamped white tissue paper and white card stock with the stamp set Island Blossoms (retired Hostess set) from Stampin Up!. I used various Bold Bright classic inks from Stampin' Up!, also retired. The orange scalloped edge was punched with a border punch from Stampin' Up!; the rhinestones were bought elsewhere.

Thanks for looking !

1 comment:

  1. Heather I need to see things thru your eyes! Love this project. Who wouldn't just love to get this bath set?? Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU for taking the time to leave your comments. I hope I've inspired you to get a bit crafty today ;)