Saturday, August 14, 2010

Cute Pink Shoes, Repurposed Bag and a Trophy =)


My son and I participated in a just for fun Youth/Adult bowling league this past summer - and we finished in second place for our division! Surprising news to us !




The repurposed bag was a brand new bag that I found at a neighborhood wide yardsale for $2 last summer. I actually left it there since it had another company logo debossed into the front of it. On the way back to my car I stopped at that sale again to see if it was still there because as I was walking to other sales, an idea came to me: maybe I could cover the logo up. It was still there so I bought it . I immediately went to rummaging through my stash in the craft dungeon when I got home and decided that I could indeed cover it up.



I used a piece of Hodge Podge Hardware, two rhinestone brads, two snippets of polka dot grosgrain ribbon, printed out the Stampin' Up! logo onto cardstock that I then covered with Crystal Effects to make it look like an enamel label. I punched two holes into the bag with my Cropadile, pushed the brads through, finished with a dab of E6000 glue to the brad tabs to make sure they wouldn't come undone . I never used the bag for anything until this year - it was the perfect size for my cute pink and white bowling shoes !



Thanks for looking !

No comments:

Post a Comment

THANK YOU for taking the time to leave your comments. I hope I've inspired you to get a bit crafty today ;)