Monday, August 30, 2010

Elements For Mom



I finally put ink to new rubber stamps today !













And I had "help" while I was working.........


This was a first for these two cats to be on my work table together.
I can not believe that Kitty (aka Fat Cat) was able to get herself up onto my table!

Ringo has been sleeping down here every day for over a week now. 
I wonder if he is missing Mulligan, too ?  






I have such a stash of cards as it is, so many samples I made for classes, that I don't really need to make any new cards. However, I had good reason to make a brand new creation today: my mothers birthday !



I tried something different, unfortunately it didn't quite turn out as I had hoped. I stamped a scrap piece of fabric with Basic Brown ink then attempted to lightly color the image with markers from Stampin' Up! I just barely swiped the brush end of the marker over the fabric. I used a hot iron as soon as I colored over a section so it would dry it, try to keep the ink from running. I added a little bit of pastles/chalks, too. I know that it is not going to be permanent.





Unraveled the edges of the fabric, a little sewing, distressing of the Marina Mist card stock and sponged on a bit of ink. Quickly swiped vanilla acrylic craft paint on the Pink Pirouette piece after I ran it through the embossing folder. Added some mauve ribbon from my craft stash and made my first ever hat pin with the Pretties kit from Stampin' Up! to finish it off !



Supplies from Stampin' Up! :
Elements of Style and Teahouse stamp sets
Embossing folder
Marina Mist card stock, ink and marker
Basic Brown ink
Pink Pirouette, Certainly Celery, Barely Banana markers
Very Vanilla card stock
Hat pin supplies from the Pretties kit
Stampin' Pastels

Mauve satin ribbon: unknown
Acrylic crafters paint

This is a 5x7 card





Thanks for looking !

4 comments:

  1. Your mom will love her birthday card. It's so pretty. I think my post is going to go through today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the card. Good idea using fabric, I will have to try that someday. SO glad the other kitties are trying to keep you company.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so pretty, I am surprised you could color on fabric with the SU! markers, I know copics are made for that...and even they are tricky!
    Happy Birthday to your Mom!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty, Heather. It's fun to experiment with new mediums and the fabric plays with the ink in a very interesting way. I like the look...glad you experimented. I'll bet different fabrics would take the ink in different ways too. Love it.

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU for taking the time to leave your comments. I hope I've inspired you to get a bit crafty today ;)