Sunday, August 29, 2010

Stampin' Up! buttons to the rescue




So it wasn't a real rescue, not even a true emergency.



I bought a sort of olive green t-shirt back in June, a totally new color for me to wear, and had no coordinating accessories. I don't wear jewelry and such anyway..... but I wanted a little something to go with this new t-shirt I planned on wearing to the Sting Symphonicites concert that night. I went to the craft dungeon and stood there thinking then an idea popped into my head: I'll make a quick barrette and maybe a simple bracelet with my new buttons. A snippet of ribbon, a few tiny bits of linen thread, hot glue and three buttons made a quick barrette that matches almost perfectly ! I also made a very simple bracelet by threading some buttons onto several strands of hemp that I twisted together. I tore the bracelet back apart so I could reuse the buttons - I think that I need to add more to the barrette.
I liked that the buttons matched so well, I was able to quickly make the barrette to wear with my hair down. However it was soooooooo unbearably hot that night I ended up pulling my hair into a ponytail. Perhaps I should have made a ponytail holder and added the buttons to that instead !

Thanks for looking =)

6 comments:

  1. Heather,

    Your barrette looks cute! What a neat idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun way to use your scrappy supplies! The barrette looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How creative!! It looks great!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very creative! I love getting the most out of my stampin supplies! The glitz girls are putting on the glitz! way to go! lori

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU for taking the time to leave your comments. I hope I've inspired you to get a bit crafty today ;)