Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Post It Note Tote

*I'll be sharing a projects over the next few posts of items I had in my booth at the festival over this past weekend*



The original idea for the post it note tote came from a Papercrafts magazine years ago, then it became a craze to make them. There were hundreds of ideas shared online at the time. This is a link I found for one of the first to be posted at splitcoaststampers.com: http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/244583



I had three leftover to my surprise from the last craft booth I did several years ago. Wrapped in a cellophane bag, I priced these at $1; only sold the snowman.



Here are the original nine I made years ago:


Various stamp sets, inks, card stocks, Word Window punch from Stampin' Up!

Ribbons from various companies

Regular sized Post It note pads and a mini ink pen from a dollar store





My version wraps the ribbon around the note tote, top to bottom and up through the handles to tie it shut. I scored my 3-1/2" x 11" piece of card stock, measuring from the left side, at 5" and 6" to create a 1" flat bottom to hold the ink pen in place with the ribbon. I cut two small slits centered at the bottom two creases of the tote, ran the ribbon up through one slit then back down through the other to secure a miniature ink pen in place.


Thanks for looking !

3 comments:

  1. fun project! I love anything that dresses up post it notes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this idea alot! It'll be great as gifts for teachers at Christmas Time. Thanks for visiting my blog and for following me from SC :)

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU for taking the time to leave your comments. I hope I've inspired you to get a bit crafty today ;)