Thursday, October 21, 2010

Frankie - painted plaster figurine


I made this cutie about 18 years ago. He was my first big scale, highly detailed plaster painting project. It was a kit, complete with paints, instructions and blinking lights. I think the manufacturer was Wee Crafts ? Anyway, they were pretty fun and easy to do, no firing involved. I made several of their Christmas decoration and ornament kits.

I loved how he turned out, it's so detailed. He's been my favorite Halloween decoration. Sadly, when I pulled him out of the box this year I discovered some broken pieces.... sniffle..... I can't glue them back on, they were shattered. I'll just paint the white parts brown and make do.


The tree is hollow and there are a few holes here and there for the colored blinking lights to show through. It looks really neat lit up at night, but I could not get a decent photograph of it glowing to share.

Thanks for looking =)

2 comments:

  1. That is very cool, and very well painted!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow You really go all out with your decorating! I can see you put a lot of work into painting up this piece and I can see why you like it so much.

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU for taking the time to leave your comments. I hope I've inspired you to get a bit crafty today ;)