Friday, October 15, 2010

The Leaves Are Falling

Single oak leaf falling






                                                  The wind blowing out a lot of leaves
                                                (I used Photoshop Elements to make the colors pop,
                                                                the sky didn't look very blue out of the camera)






Hosta leaf
(unretouched photo, straight out of the camera!)





This vine has totally changed color, so vibrant against the still green trees
(used Photoshop Elements to make the colors pop with screen and overlay layers added, adjusted)



I really wish I could get my camera to take fantastic photos right out of the camera with no retouching needed, but that seems to be rare. I'm trying to learn Photoshop Elements tips to help make my pictures "pop". I've recently signed up for membership to   http://www.photoshopelementsuser.com/
I've been amazed to see what my version 7 can do, but now want version 9 after seeing the new things it can do !   "Dear Santa......"  giggle =)


OLD sample I made several years ago; I saw a sample like this somewhere but I've no idea where. 
Thanks to whomever shared it, wherever it was published or posted. 



Thanks for looking !

2 comments:

  1. Heather,

    Love this fall card and all the textures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Heather!
    I haven't gotten as far as exploring Photoshop, even though I received last year's program...it is totally intimidating me. I heard there is a book to go along with it, need to look into that.
    Your photos are very pretty, and I like the rustic elements on your card! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU for taking the time to leave your comments. I hope I've inspired you to get a bit crafty today ;)