Monday, November 15, 2010

Bear Necessities - Fall


I've always loved how Cassie looks laying in the fall leaves. She was enjoying one of the last gorgeous days we have had a run of recently. This past fall has been perfect ! The above normal temperatures are gone now, so are the sunny skies... sigh. It looks like - and nearly feels like - it could snow today !








All supplies are from Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted
Stamps:
Bear Necessities
Lovely Leaves

Card Stock:
Not Quite Navy
Naturals
Glossy White
Old Olive mulberry paper - retired

Ink:
Versamark
Spectrum Pad - retired
Basic Black
Various classic inks for watercoloring

Brayer
Aquapainter
Stampin' Sponge - to sponge on blue sky
Leaves brads - unknown, gift from a friend

I made the "background paper" by stamping glossy white card stock with the leaves stamps using Versamark ink. I then brayered over it with ink from the Spectrum (rainbow) ink pad.  After blending it well, I gently wiped it with a tissue.

A step by step tutorial for the Versamark resist technique, also known as Ghosting,  can be found here:
http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/resources/tutorials/ghosting/

Thanks for looking =)

1 comment:

  1. I love the background you made. I'll have to experiment with that technique! You are so talented.

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU for taking the time to leave your comments. I hope I've inspired you to get a bit crafty today ;)