Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Making A List... Checking It Twice



Search online and you will find dozens of organizer ideas, cute and simple to over the top gorgeous. This is a simple version I created last year as a class project. All items, except the notepad, were available from Stampin' Up!




I found the notepad on clearance for 50c; it had a black and white photo that I didn't care for underneath the plastic. I removed the photo and added a piece of Riding Hood Red card stock cut to fit. I used the old piece as a pattern to punch holes then reinserted it into the notepad. The snowflakes were stamped with white Stazon ink. I also sponged white Stazon ink along the edges of the plastic. A cropodile was the perfect tool to punch holes in the thick plastic cover so I could insert rhinestone brads. I created an open top envelope to put inside the covers to keep receipts, etc in. The front envelope also covered the metal tabs showing from the brads. I stuck on a few tabs punched out of coordinating card stock (Baja Breeze, Old Olive, Whisper White, Riding Hood Red) with the round tab punch, a piece of ribbon and I had an organizer for the holidays ! It's handy to have one to keep track of the holiday cards you've mailed and received, gift lists, items bought, things to make and do, menus, so on.



Be sure to see my stretchy bookmark/covered notepad post for a great gift idea, perfect for so many people on your list ! Actually, if you have time to peruse the posts, there are several things I've shared the past year that would be good for gift giving. I hope to share a few more gift ideas this coming month. If you use any of my ideas, please share them - and a link to my post if you would.



Happy Holidays and thanks for looking =)

No comments:

Post a Comment

THANK YOU for taking the time to leave your comments. I hope I've inspired you to get a bit crafty today ;)