Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Pet Sympathy Cards - dogs


A friend recently lost their family pet. Always so sad ....



A good friend had to say goodbye to a long time family member as well earlier this year:






Both cards use the Bow Wow set (retired) from Stampin' Up! All other supplies are from Stampin' Up! as well except the yellow ribbon and scrap of designer paper on the first card.

I water colored the images on both cards with an aquapainter and classic inks.

Some portions of the images were cut out and popped up with dimensionals.

Some of the images were inked with a marker so I could omit parts of them to customize it.
For example, the stamp says DOG above the door, but I omitted that word to write in the pets name.

The second card is an easel card, instructions can be found at

Thanks for looking =)

6 comments:

  1. Your pet sympathy cards are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that card! And the scrapbook you made for Alki is one of my most treasured possessions - it sits right next to my computer and I look at it whenever I think of her :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heather,

    Adorable pet sympathy cards. Our pets are family and it is always a difficult time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What sweet sympathy cards for a pet, our dog is named "Copper" too, so I was drawn to the first card!! Really nice of you to remember your friends that way!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the colours on e the first card. And the second looks great with the scalloped die cut. personalizing with the dogs name is a nice touch. I'm sure the recipients were touched by your thoughtfulness.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I need to make a pet sympathy card too. Thanks for the reminder. Yours are precious.

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU for taking the time to leave your comments. I hope I've inspired you to get a bit crafty today ;)