Monday, November 22, 2010

Pop Up Christmas Tree/Photo Trifold Card







A trifold, pop up card  I created to give to my parents this year . I need to get the photos professionally printed still. There was no pattern, I just fiddled with scrap paper until I was able to get the idea to work. It folds up to be a 5  x 7 card, about 1/4" thick.











Although the decoration of the tree took the most time, I am happy that I took the time to add the extra little details. I used a retired Stampin' Around wheel (Pine Boughs I think is the name?) to stamp each piece of the die cut tree with Handsome Hunter ink before assembling. I put the tree together then decorated it with the tiny 1/4" circle punch ornaments. I used a Signo white gel pen, Crystal Effects and glitter to decorate each one! I finished it off by sponging on a little bit of shimmery pearl white Lumiere paint on the top edges of the branches.










The embossed areas are a neat two tone effect that you can acheive by brayering classic ink onto one inside half of your embossing folder before inserting your card stock. The ink will transfer to the card stock from one portion of your image while the other becomes raised from the embossing action of your folder being run through the Big Shot die cutting machine. I used Very Vanilla cardstock, brayered with Crumb Cake ink, then I brayered Early Espresso on the embossing folder.





SUPPLIES


Real Red textured 12x12 card stock

Handsome Hunter smooth 12x12 card stock, retired

Early Espresso, Crumb Cake, Very Vanilla card stock

various brights card stock for ornaments, retired

Big Shot

O Christmas Tree Pop Up die

Top Note die

Wallpaper embossing folder

Scallop Edge Border punch

1/4" circle punch

Ornament punch

Pine Boughs wheel - retired (not exactly sure that is the name)

Christmas greeting, name unknown, retired from Stampin' Up!

Many Merry Messages

Tags 'Til Christmas

Handsome Hunter, Early Espresso, Crumb Cake classic ink

Signo white gel pen

Real Red 5/8" grosgrain ribbon

Mini flat back pearls

Stylus

Crystal Effects

Dazzling Diamonds glitter

Tombow liquid glue

Sticky Strip

brayer

Stampin' sponge

Lumiere paint, retired, but there are the new shimmery paints Stampin' Up! now sells that will work


Thanks for looking =)

3 comments:

  1. Heather, I know for sure that you have lots of patience because that tree is not the easiest thing in the world! I love the embossed card. So pretty! And lastly, Happy Thanksgiving!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, Heather, this looks like such an intricate card...a wonderful keepsake for your family, also!! Your tree is so Christmasy, I love it!!

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU for taking the time to leave your comments. I hope I've inspired you to get a bit crafty today ;)