Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Triangle Angel, Reindeer, Tree and more







I came across instructions to paper fold a triangle shaped angel, but as I was looking at it, I had a couple of different ideas:

The first, "Hmmm, this looks like it might be large enough to make into a gift card holder...."

Above is the large paper angel that I turned into a gift card holder. She was an experiment and is sort of goofy looking. I used the owl punch for her eyes and mouth (tiny heart trimmed down) and quilled her hair. As I was looking at the photos I uploaded, I realized that I forgot her halo ! I trimmed off the top half of the point on the back traingle piece to slide a gift card into the folds. Note: these do not stand straight up, they lean backwards.

SUPPLIES:
White, Metallic Gold, So Saffron, Bashful Blue, Basic Black, Pretty in Pink card stocks
Printer paper
Stampin' Pastels
White Signo Gel pen
So Saffron marker
Elegant Lines embossing folder
Owl punch
Eyelet border punch
Bigz Beautiful Butterfly die
Baroque motifs stamp set
Encore Metallic Gold ink






Then the other idea:
"Oooo, I think I can make them smaller and turn them into place cards or ornaments or package tie ons.... what other creations other than an angel can I make.........."










Creamy Caramel, Basic Black, Real Red, Chocolate Chip Card stocks
various punches







Gable Green card stock
Texturz plate
retired glitter stack
retired folk start punch




There are many more things that can be made out of this basic paper folding idea, such as the head of an elf or Santa with a pointy hat, party hats for place cards at a birthday party, candy corn, etc and so on!!!!!


Instructions are from the May 2006 issue of Crafts n' Things magazine, designed by Grace Gibson.


To make the smaller triangles, start with a 4.25" square
then start folding 2.5" down along the top edges.



All supplies used are (or were) available from Stampin' Up!

Thanks for looking and Happy Holidays !

1 comment:

  1. Oh, my goodness! This is fantastic! What a fun project...just love all that you came up with. You are soooo creative, girlfriend. Love these!

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU for taking the time to leave your comments. I hope I've inspired you to get a bit crafty today ;)