Friday, December 17, 2010

Partridge In A Pear Tree


So this is sort of how my mind works; I imagine many of you can relate:

I see a neat idea (stamped tea light candles in a hand made, hand stamped gift box).

I have been wanting to repurpose something in particular (cardboard tube from a roll of toilet tissue)

"What a fun idea, but I wouldn't make it, no use for it......... ooooooo, I bet the little candles will fit in a cardboard tube from toilet paper!"  

*running down to my craft dungeon to grab a tea light candle, empty tube from the recycle bin in hand*

"They do fit ! Ok, great idea, stamp a stack of them, then wrap the tube to give them in, but once again no use for the idea. . . could share it as a repurposing idea on the blog.... "  

*light bulb goes off*   

"Ah ha, wouldn't it be neat to make it into a tree like I thought about doing for Halloween with the owl punch, yeah a partridge in a pear tree. I wonder what a partridge looks like ?. . . . ."  and so it goes.


I have no use for this project whatsoever, but made it anyway. Maybe I ought to make a few tiny pears


SUPPLIES, most from Stampin' Up!

Styrofoam ball
toilet paper tube
olive green mulberry paper
2 step bird punch
markers
shimmer spray
Soft Suede card stock
Early Espresso classic ink
Antique Cracking background stamp
clear drying glue

1 Push the styrofoam ball onto the cardboard tube, you will probably need to cut parts of it out to make it work. The ball I used came with a hollowed out portion that fit perfectly over the end of the tube.
2 Cut dozens of 2" squares of mulberry paper or tissue paper.
3 Use a skewer, stylus (something small and skinny) to poke each piece of paper into the foam ball. It is best to center the skewer in the paper square, wrap it up around the skewer and dip it into clear drying glue.
4 Cover the foam ball, except the bottom portion, with paper squares.
5 Spray the tree with shimmer spray.
6 Punch and decorate a bird; glue to the tree.
7 Cut and stamp a piece of card stock to create the tree bark; adhere.


Thanks for looking and Happy Holidays !

4 comments:

  1. Very creative! How awesome some pears would look!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heather, I enjoyed visiting your blog. So many great projects. I love the tube socks idea and your partridge in a pear tree. I can relate to how your mind works.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heather,

    What a fantastic tree you have created and I love your partridge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the way your mind works! Very creative. And I like the fact that you 'just do it'. Another fun project from a crafty queen.

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU for taking the time to leave your comments. I hope I've inspired you to get a bit crafty today ;)