Saturday, December 11, 2010

Pop Up Christmas Tree Cards



I decided to get ambitious this year and put the Oh Christmas Tree Pop Up die from Stampin' Up! / Sizzix to good use. I made 10 cards, 5x7 in size, with a pop up tree inside of them. I used various scraps of decorative paper, most of which were leftovers from my Christmas Tree Advent Calendar project, and are from Die Cuts With A View stacks. The cards have stamped images from Stampin' Up! on them as well, some of which are retired. All inks used are Classic Inks or Stampin' Markers from Stampin' Up; some colors are retired.




The tree can be a bit tricky to put together at first, but once you assemble one it is easier - and by the time I was done with all 10 I think I could do it blind folded !



The first project I created using the pop up tree die is the Trifold Photo Card posted here. It was my most detailed tree/project. I submitted it to the SoShelli.com challenge and gave the finished project to my parents.



After punching out hundreds of 1/4 inch circles , still not enough to cover all of the trees, I decided it would be quicker to use glitter glue to create ornaments on the trees.


I'll list the stamp sets used on each one, if I can remember them all. Every one of the following cards has a pop up tree inside of it; they are all 5x7 cards.



Alphabet Soup colored with Stampin' Markers- I totally messed this one up, the image was stamped crooked and it didn't hit me as to why this looked so wonky until after it was assembled. I think I have used that free SaleABration set twice.




 
  Christmas Joy ? I'm not sure of the exact name of this old set. I also used an alphabet from Just Rite Stamps company. The tree was heat embossed in silver the nI watercolored it with an aquapainter and inks




 
 Dasher colored with markers and a bit of glitter that doesn't show up in the photo. The words are from Everyday Flexible Phrases.




 
 
 
 Images are from the Merry stamp set. I made a tiny pom pom from yarn, added felt on the hat brim and glitter on the white lines of the hat.





Old retired single greeting stamp, I have no idea what the name of it is. Peaceful Wishes for the branches, Paint Prints for the poinsettia, Baroque Motifs swirl.






This card was an oldie I had several of leftover. It came in a kit of gift bag, tissue paper, embellishments and preprinted card base. I stamped the kraft heart die cut that was part of the kit with the Stipple Plaid background, added a "ribbon" from packing paper that comes in the Stampin' Up! boxes stamped with the greeting from Season Of Joy. A bit of organdy ribbon from my stash, a few dimensionals.






Greeting from Four The Holidays stamp set


I used the wide oval punch and large oval punch to create the poinsettia (although it looks more like a bunch of holly leaves). Punch 5 wide ovals and 5 large ovals from red card stock. Punch 5 large ovals from green card stock. Punch small ovals for an additional layer on the very top if you wish. Fold each oval in half long ways then using scissors, trim out the edges. You can add little veins with markers or an aquapainter, sponge the edges of each petal, etc.

Layer them all, gluing into place with a heavy duty adhesive, on a 1 3/8" punched circle. Once all of the petals are glued into place, add a little puddle of clear drying liquid glue in the center. Pour on some gold seed beads, let dry.
Use the paper punch poinsettia on so many different projects !





Ruffled ribbon on this card and the poinsettia card above was created by wrinkling up grosgrain ribbon along a line of sticky strip that was already stuck to my card. Greeting is from Many Merry Messages. Scalloped Edge Border Punch from Stampin' Up!


 
 
  This particular card is from a kit I have had for years and finally put together. I used the included pattern to cut out felt and ahere the embellishments. It is attached to a preembossed card that was in the kit. The felt tree is an ornament .





 
Thanks for looking and Happy Holidays !

1 comment:

  1. Those trees are surprisingly elaborate! I can see why it took a bit of practice to assemble them :)

    All your work is so lovely!

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU for taking the time to leave your comments. I hope I've inspired you to get a bit crafty today ;)