Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Terra Cotta Pot Decorations

There are probably thousands of different ideas for using terra cotta pots other than gardening. I used to like to paint them and donate them to the school holiday bazaar. I also made some to use as decorations at my home. They haven't been used for a while since I no longer have a place to hang them up . I haven't brought myself to part with them yet, like many of the other hand made items I have. I think maybe this year I will photograph them all before putting them away - or donating them.



a reindeer "wind chime" with hanging jingle bells






Santa "wind chime" with hanging wooden stars






The hat brim is missing from the snowman; it was made out of black fun foam.






This is a large pot that I had fake poinsettias in on my front porch. It was stamped with household sponges that I cut and acrylic craft paint. The splatters of paintare made by using and old toothbrush lightly dipped in paint then rubbing your thumb along the bristles to fling the paint.





penguin




 

Here are two earlier posts I shared on my blog for terra cotta pots:






Thanks for looking and Happy Holidays !

1 comment:

THANK YOU for taking the time to leave your comments. I hope I've inspired you to get a bit crafty today ;)