Thursday, December 16, 2010

Tree Top Angels






I made her 20+ years ago from a pattern in an old Crafts magazine. She is made out of paper twist ribbon, wood bead and dried florals. Although she no longer graces the Christmas Tree top, I still have her.







This is the current angel topper that I made in 1998. The porcelain head, hands and organza wings were in a kit along with instructions on how to make her. She was pretty easy to make with additional fabric, ribbon and ribbon roses - and a pretty addition to the tree ! The kids much preferred this more realistic looking angel over the rustic paper twist angel.

Thanks for looking and Happy Holidays !

3 comments:

  1. I remember the paper ribbons of twenty years ago. I don't think I kept anything of mine though. Your angel still looks good. I like the new one too, very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful angel Heather! I'm sure your tree is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your angel is so pretty, and what a special memory to have of a handmade angel tree topper, Heather!!

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU for taking the time to leave your comments. I hope I've inspired you to get a bit crafty today ;)