Monday, December 20, 2010

Various Hand Crafted Ornaments


an old spoon that I painted and bent


I've decided to take pictures of my old hand made ornaments this year before packing them away. I've had ornaments break or otherwise become not worthy of being used on the tree any longer so I thought I ought to photograph those that are still in good shape to remember them.


Here are a just few of the different ornaments that I've made over the years, several of which are repurposed items:


"Test tube" that beads came in. I made one of these years ago, but painted the face. I can't find that one so I made another using paper punches with the 2 step Owl punch from Stampin' Up. Signo white gel pen and fine Sharpie marker for details








Little unfinished wood snowman cut out bought from a tole painting shop years ago







                      Mini tin party favor that can be bought at dollar stores








                                                         paper cast







Made from a simple jingle bell ornament and wood bead. The fabric is a fleece blanket that I cut up. The face was painted with acrylic craft paints.








Unfinished wooden ornament that I painted then stamped with a retired rubber stamp image from Stampin' Up! and acrylic craft paint. Added a bow to finish it off.









 
This is a leftover magnetic frame (I made several to sell at a craft fair) that I decided to make into an ornament years ago. Stamped with a retired rubber stamp image from Stampin' up! with Stazon Ink on the glass. I sprinkled glitter on a piece of white heavyweight posterboard that had been coated with Modge Podge. Once it was dry, I inserted it into the frame then added a piece of organdy ribbon.









Project from 2003: CD that no longer worked. I stamped and painted it, added some greenery and a tiny photograph . The back had card stock that I stamped and wrote the kids names, ages, year on it.







Thanks for looking and Happy Holidays !

No comments:

Post a Comment

THANK YOU for taking the time to leave your comments. I hope I've inspired you to get a bit crafty today ;)