Thursday, December 30, 2010

White Christmas - My Digital Studio scrapbook pages










I created these quick 12 x 12 scrapbook pages with
My Digital Studio from Stampin' Up!    


My Digital Studio Supplies:

Whisper White, Old Olive and Real Red card stock

Snowflake punch

Silver Hodge Podge Hardware

Old Olive satin ribbon was an extra that I purchased. It comes with straight pieces of ribbon, a knot and a bow in several colors    item #121063     $3.95





The snowflakes are a sort of a stenciled look.  I was playing around with the software and decided I liked this look, which is really easy to do.

You simply add punches in the same color as your background card stock color then add a drop shadow. In this case, after much playing around, I decided to use 100% opacity and Medium blur with a Going Gray drop shadow. I also moved the shadow to be centered over the punch. Change the opacity to make it much lighter and the effect is almost like a dry embossed image. You can also change the colors of your drop shadow for interesting effects ! At one point I had Real Red drop shadows which looked nice, but I decided it was too much for this project.

The snowflake punch in one size, but it can easily be resized and turned.

The large Old Olive bow was created by layering three satin ribbons on top of each other. With more time and patience, I may have tried to "erase" a couple of the extra tails by using various sizes and shapes of punches in the exact same color as the background area. I wanted to create a gift tag and bow on a package effect.

Be sure to come back in a few days - I have three more My Digital Studio projects that I submitted to a contest I have been anxious to share with you. I never received a call to let me know that I won, so I can now share them with you. The winners of the contest will be announced on the Stampin' Up! web site January 4th. I can not wait to see all of the awesome entries customers and demonstrators submitted to this contest back in November ! I am hoping that their projects will inspire me to scrapbook more, putting the My Digital Studio program to more use.



Thanks for looking =)

No comments:

Post a Comment

THANK YOU for taking the time to leave your comments. I hope I've inspired you to get a bit crafty today ;)