I finally put ink to new rubber stamps today !
And I had "help" while I was working.........
I tried something different, unfortunately it didn't quite turn out as I had hoped. I stamped a scrap piece of fabric with Basic Brown ink then attempted to lightly color the image with markers from Stampin' Up! I just barely swiped the brush end of the marker over the fabric. I used a hot iron as soon as I colored over a section so it would dry it, try to keep the ink from running. I added a little bit of pastles/chalks, too. I know that it is not going to be permanent.
Unraveled the edges of the fabric, a little sewing, distressing of the Marina Mist card stock and sponged on a bit of ink. Quickly swiped vanilla acrylic craft paint on the Pink Pirouette piece after I ran it through the embossing folder. Added some mauve ribbon from my craft stash and made my first ever hat pin with the Pretties kit from Stampin' Up! to finish it off !
Supplies from Stampin' Up! :
Elements of Style and Teahouse stamp sets
Marina Mist card stock, ink and marker
Basic Brown ink
Pink Pirouette, Certainly Celery, Barely Banana markers
Very Vanilla card stock
Hat pin supplies from the Pretties kit
Mauve satin ribbon: unknown
Acrylic crafters paint
This is a 5x7 card
Thanks for looking !