Sunday, January 2, 2011

My Digital Studio Contest - Card

** Winners announced here January 4th, 2011! **
Five customers and five demonstrators were chosen as winners of
$400 worth of digital downloads !


Below is the digitally created card that I submitted to the contest Stampin' Up! held in November 2010 for demonstrators and customers alike. We were to enter a single card and two different scrapbook pages, created completely with My Digital Studio.

I don't scrapbook as it is (gasp!) and had used My Digital Studio just a few times when the contest was announced (GASP!!). I thought I'd give this challenge a try, and a challenge it was. Not that the software is all that difficult to use, but it is difficult for me to make up my mind on what I want a finished project to look like ! This is one of the reasons why I like the My Digital Studio software, I can change my mind over and over without wasting real supplies. Plus, once I have a project completed, if I have saved all of the components to the project (not just the final .jpeg file), I can go back in and change it again if I want. For example, at the time I create a project there may not be a particular stamp set, embellishment or designer paper available digitally. If there is a fun new digital image released that I "must have", such as the perfect background paper, I can purchase it for a small fee then go add it to my previously completed project.

Another reason to save your complete files, you may take a better photograph of a particular subject or be given photographs someone else has taken of a particular event that are better than the photos you already digitally scrapped with.  With My Digital Studio digital projects, you are able to go back in and change out the photographs, how cool is that ?!



JOY  CARD


The card was created with the new trifold card. It is part of a free update for owners of My Digital Studio digital crafting software from Stampin' Up!.

I used various elements, most of which were purchased extra. The My Digital Studio software comes with many fantastic images, papers, embellishments, punches, layouts, etc when you initially purchase it. Once you have the software installed, you can purchase additional content, picking which items you would like to add to your software. The prices of the additional content varies.


The greeting at the bottom was "custom" made from one of the stamp images from the Wishes and Greetings digital stamp set. I digitally stamped it on each panel, moving it into position so each line of the three line image lined up to become one long horizontal stamp. To "erase" the portions of the stamp that I didn't want, I used custom sized punches of Very Vanilla card stock to cover them. The resized Very Vanilla punches become invisible on the Very Vanilla background, totally erasing the part of the stamp image that I do not want. I used this technique on all three of my contest entries.
There is a large gap between each portion of the greeting. I did this because it is a trifold card; if I had it printed I didn't want the folds to be on the greeting.

The heart punch was reduced in size then layered over the "O" in Love.

There are so many bits and pieces to this card, I honestly do not remember everything that I used. The following are what I remember; if they are extras that I bought, I'll note the item number and additional cost.



My Digital Studio Software 118108 $79.95

Cherry Cobbler, Early Espresso and Very Vanilla card stock
Designer Paper from the Christmas Cocoa II Digital Kit  120880  $9.95
         and Christmas Jingle Kit
Satin Ribbon   121063  $3.95
Antique Brads 122164   $1.95
Brads
Snowburst, Schoolbook Serif Alphabet, Torn Edges, Wishes and Greetings
  digital stamps
Various punches
Staples for "stitching" on the buttons (this is one of those things I wish came with   the initial software purchase: stitching or knotted linen thread to layer on top of the buttons to make them look more finished)
Embellishments from Christmas Jingle digital kit



For more amazing ideas using My Digital Studio, be sure to check out My Digital Studio online ! There are sure to be hundreds of ideas posted in the next few days now that the contest is officially over, winners have been notified.



My Digital Studio 118108
Catalog Price: $79.95

Use the same great artwork, colors, and accessory images found in our current product line to create personalized digital projects. The options are endless: create photo albums, calendars, and greeting cards using My Digital Studio. Once you've created your personalized gift or heirloom, have it printed in our high-quality print facility and delivered to your door or print it at home.

■ Available in English only


Click here for a list of the digital contents that are included with your initial software purchase.

For more information about My Digital Studio, click here. This web page has everything you need to know about the software, additional digital downloads (prices vary), free updates, printing prices and there are video tutorials.



Thank you for looking and commenting  =)  Happy New Year !

2 comments:

  1. Heather,

    Beautiful MDS tri-fold card. Good luck with the contest!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heather, this is soooo cute!! I wouldn't be one bit surprised to learn that you are one of the winners!

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU for taking the time to leave your comments. I hope I've inspired you to get a bit crafty today ;)