Tuesday, January 4, 2011

My Digital Studio Contest - Scrapbook page 2

** Winners announced here January 4th, 2011! **
Five customers and five demonstrators were chosen as winners of
$400 worth of digital downloads !




Below is the second digitally created scrapbook page that I submitted to the contest Stampin' Up! held in November 2010 for demonstrators and customers alike. We were to enter a single card and two different scrapbook pages, created completely with My Digital Studio.


I don't scrapbook as it is (gasp!) and had used My Digital Studio just a few times when the contest was announced (GASP!!). I thought I'd give this challenge a try, and a challenge it was. Not that the software is all that difficult to use, but it is difficult for me to make up my mind on what I want a finished project to look like ! This is one of the reasons why I like the My Digital Studio software, I can change my mind over and over without wasting real supplies. Plus, once I have a project completed, if I have saved all of the components to the project (not just the final .jpeg file), I can go back in and change it again if I want. For example, at the time I create a project there may not be a particular stamp set, embellishment or designer paper available digitally. If there is a fun new digital image released that I "must have", such as the perfect background paper, I can purchase it for a small fee then go add it to my previously completed project.


Another reason to save your complete files, you may take a better photograph of a particular subject or be given photographs someone else has taken of a particular event that are better than the photos you already digitally scrapped with. With My Digital Studio digital projects, you are able to go back in and change out the photographs, how cool is that ?!







MY SNOWFLAKES



This scrapbook page was really fun - and uses many digital punches to create a snowman, landscape and falling snowflake photo mats !

This was a little tricky to do because I needed to "erase" parts of the snowflake punch that I did not want to use in order to make twig arms for my snowman. I covered up bits of the brown snowflake punch with punches that were filled with coordinating designer background paper. The tricky part was to find the correct punch to cover what needed to be erased then fill it with paper that would line up with the background paper to make it invisible.

I'm not sure, but I may have reduced the opacity on the background paper on this finished project. I know I did as I was creating it, but not sure if I kept it reduced. The snowflake stamps from Snowburst (and another set or two, Winter Post and ....) were reduced in opacity.



SUPPLIES:

MyDigital Studio Software 118108 $79.95
Satin Ribbon 121063 $3.95
Striped Grosgrain Ribbon 122147 $3.95
Button Latte
Various Punches
Snowburst stamp set
Brads
Background papers




For more amazing ideas using My Digital Studio, be sure to check out My Digital Studio online ! There are sure to be hundreds of ideas posted in the next few days now that the contest is officially over and the winners (I am not one of those lucky, super talented few) have been notified.




My Digital Studio 118108
Catalog Price: $79.95

Use the same great artwork, colors, and accessory images found in our current product line to create personalized digital projects. The options are endless: create photo albums, calendars, and greeting cards using My Digital Studio. Once you've created your personalized gift or heirloom, have it printed in our high-quality print facility and delivered to your door or print it at home.
■ Available in English only


Click here for a list of the digital contents that are included with your initial software purchase.


For more information about My Digital Studio, click here. This web page has everything you need to know about the software, additional digital downloads (prices vary), free updates, printing prices and there are video tutorials.


Thank you for looking and commenting =) Happy New Year !





2 comments:

  1. Heather,

    Another great scrapbooking layout. Pretty snowflakes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute scrapbook page! you also offered up some good tips - TFS!

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU for taking the time to leave your comments. I hope I've inspired you to get a bit crafty today ;)