Monday, January 31, 2011

My Digital Studio - What I Love



There is so much to love about My Digital Studio ! I think what I like most is the ability to purchase new downloads on a regular basis (the exclusive Stampin' Up! artwork digital downloads are compatible with other design programs, too).
This will help keep my digital designs fresh. I won't be stuck using the same sets of designer papers for example, over and over and over.


Although the program includes hundreds of fantastic, versatile items when you first purchase the software, it is really nice to be able to add more to it.

The perfect paper, embellishment, stamp set or designer kit may become available that was not at the time you created your project. If there is something released that you think would add that extra finishing touch to your project, you can easily purchase it, download it (a high speed Internet connection would be recommended since many of the files are quite large) and install it. So long as you have saved all of the elements of your digital project in the My Digital Studio program/file format, your project can be changed.


Here is a card I created last year, all items used come with the original software purchase:









Here is an updated version using new items I purchased this week:

124330 BASIC PEARLS AND RHINESTONES $1.95


124020 SEAM BINDING II RIBBON PACK $3.95

118120 CALENDAR BASICS KIT $9.95








It was super easy to swap out the original components, keeping the same layout and designer paper background (which I could have changed as well; all I did was change the opacity) to create a new card.















I created this digital two page spread for bowling. Using numerous punches that are included in the software package, I created the pins, ball and wood plank lane background. Should something become available that I feel would be perfect for the page, it would be easy to change.








I took advantage of Sale-A-Bration this past week, purchasing $50 worth of digital content and earning the Sale-A-Bration digital content CD (one of several items to choose from) for FREE ! I was excited to purchase, download and start creating the same day.



Thanks for looking =)






See what others love about my Digital Studio by visiting http://www.mydigitalstudio.net/

5 comments:

  1. Heather, I love what you are creating digitally. So much fun! Are you using your own printer or having them professionally done?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Lori ! I've not printed any out yet; I've been sharing them digitally. I will have them done professionally when I decide to print.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the updated version of your card, Heather! The seam binding ribbon really showcases well as a digi element. Glad I purchased it.

    Fantastic scrap pages too. I wholeheartedly agree on the professional print preference. Way too much ink to do it yourself, and not that expensive to outsource. SU does a fantastic job of printing. That's all I've tried so far, but hope to investigate a few other sources too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Heather. You are an awesome friend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Heather,

    These are beautiful digital cards.

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU for taking the time to leave your comments. I hope I've inspired you to get a bit crafty today ;)