Friday, January 14, 2011

Picka A Petal Snowman Gift Sack






A simple white lunch bag becomes a darling snowman gift sack by adding card stock and rubber stamp images.






All supplies from Stampin' Up!, unless otherwise noted



Pick A Petal stamp set

Basic Black, Whisper White, Real Red, Glorious Green and Going Gray card stocks

Basic Black, Pumpkin Pie classic inks

Basic Black marker

Versamark ink

Clear and white embossing powder (optional)

Stampin' Pastels

gold glitter

5 petal flower punch

adhesive

white acrylic craft paint





Fold the top of the bag over; this is what you glue the head onto.



Determine the size of circle for the snowman's head by the size of bag you are using. Same for the rectangles you will cut out for the hat.



Stamp the snow mans eyes, blush his cheeks with Stampin' Pastels, draw on a mouth.



Stamp the nose on a scrap piece of card stock. I embossed the nose too then cut it out and glued it to his face. You can simply stamp the nose directly to the head. This project was an experiment, wasn't sure if I wanted to do the nose separately and embossed or not.



Punch two flowers out of red, one out of green. Curl the petals. Glue together, layering slightly off center so you can see all the petals. Add glitter, beads, brads, etc to the center.



Dab white acrylic craft paint onto the hat top and brim to simulate snow. Once dry, glue the pieces together then on to the head on top of the sack.



Thanks for looking =)

If you use any of the ideas that I have shared, I'd love to see a link to your projects.

5 comments:

  1. I've made this one Heather!! I forgot that I had ever done ANY 3-D projects! I love how you used the pick a petal stamp for his nose! You are just too creative girl!! And you're snowman has lots more character than mine which was pretty plain jane!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute project, Heather, I like the snowman's carrot nose!! Way to use a common household item to make something special!

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU for taking the time to leave your comments. I hope I've inspired you to get a bit crafty today ;)