Friday, January 21, 2011

Repurposed Pail - Snowman






This pail was another clearance item I picked up at the end of the summer season a few years ago.

The idea came from a large snowman in a bucket that was a craft kit I bought a couple of years prior to this.

The snowman was made from an old bedspread I found at a yardsale. I made my own pattern, cutting out two pieces that I stitched together.

He is held up by a dowel rod and polyfil stuffing inserted into a piece of styrofoam (a great use for the pieces of foam used in packaging) in the pail.

I painted the pail and sign with indoor/outdoor acrylic craft paints.

The red fleece for the scarf and hat were made from a cheap fleece blanket. It is cheaper to buy a blanket to cut up for crafting than to buy fleece by the yard.

Painted Woodsie nose, button eyes, twig arms.

The card was made with the Cold Play rubber stamp set, inks and card stock from Stampin' up!

Thanks for looking =)

No comments:

Post a Comment

THANK YOU for taking the time to leave your comments. I hope I've inspired you to get a bit crafty today ;)