Thursday, January 13, 2011

Snowflake Stamped Box



I created this blog several months ago as a place to post further instructions for some of the projects that I have already made and posted at splitcoaststampers.com and Stampin' Connection. This is one of those projects - from four years ago !

This is the only photograph I have of the box; I gave it away as part of a gift.



It is so easy to make custom sized boxes out of card stock and decorative papers.
I do not remember the actual measurements on this particular box and lid .


All supplies are from Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted

Whisper White and Bliss Blue card stock
Bliss Blue classic ink
Snowflake Spot stamp set, retired
1" White satin ribbon, Offray
silver cord
metal edge tag
snowflake punch, retired
Dazzling Diamonds glitter
Brass template for dry embossing and paper piercing the snowflake on the lid, made by American Traditions
Scoring and cutting tools
adhesive


Making these basic boxes really is quite simple. You can make them in so many sizes. They are perfect for giving small gifts in such as sets of hand made cards.

I was going to write instructions, but decided to check http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/  and found this tutorial that will give you an idea of how to make this type of box, complete with photos and a video !

http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/resources/tutorials/Crafterscompanionboxes/



I stamped the Whisper White card stock before scoring.

I brushed clear drying liquid glue on the tag, sprinkled on Dazzling Diamonds glitter then adhered the snowflake punched circle on top.

I scored the lid before placing the brass template on so I was able to center it.







This is another box I made the same way, only I scalloped the edge of the lid. There are so many fun things you can do with these simple boxes to personalize them. I used Roses In Winter (LOVE that set!) for this box.





Thanks for looking =)

1 comment:

THANK YOU for taking the time to leave your comments. I hope I've inspired you to get a bit crafty today ;)