Sunday, March 20, 2011

Happy Spring !

I didn't get to see the "Super Moon" because of rain and clouds.
It cleared throughout the day today and hit 82 degrees, a near record breaker !
Too soon to be so warm here.


A card created recently to send to a friend welcoming Spring.

The pink piece of card stock is an old piece, no idea of the color name, from Close To My Heart. I saw a small package of card stock scraps at a yard sale a couple of years ago, all Close To My Heart papers. I've never seen their products in person, but had heard about them and that the papers have white core.
I've never used any of those scraps I bought until now.

I ran it through the Big Shot with the Tulip embossing folder from Stampin' Up!
After it had the embossing on it, I lighly sanded the raised areas to reveal some of the white. This was necessary on this project anyway as the card stock is so thin, the embossing made it crack in several places, showing white. I had intended on sanding it anyway.

The image is stamped with black Stazon ink on water color paper then watercolored with my classic ink pads from Stampin' Up!
The image is from the Spring Gifts stamp set, Stampin' Up!

I layered this on Basic Black card stock.

I added two Prima flowers and the yellow rhinestones came from some old
Halloween "tattoos" bought from the Dollar Spot.

The leaves were created with a scrap of Ceratinly Celery cardstock punched
 with the 5 petal flower punch from Stampin' Up!


"Wishing you all the wonderful gifts of spring"


Thanks for looking !


3 comments:

  1. The image is adorable! Great card.

    Kristie, one of the long lost Glitz gals!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty, springy card Heather! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cute for spring! I love the bunnies Heather.

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU for taking the time to leave your comments. I hope I've inspired you to get a bit crafty today ;)