Sunday, March 13, 2011

Pretty Birthday Card using Recycled Items











When I received a yummy gift of Godiva chocolates for Christmas last year from a long time pen pal friend of mine, I knew I had to reuse the ribbon from the box on a birthday card for her. 

We've been pen pals for 30 years ! We started writing with paper and pencil, sharing not only written words, but sketches, photos and our shared love of horses through the mail. I was always so tickled to get an envelope from her and couldn't wait to write back. I still have every hand written letter and card, etc she has ever sent to me.
 
Times have changed of course. Now we email when we have the time and share stories of our families, work, so on. I like to send hand made cards to her though. I'm so glad we still keep in touch after all of these years. Happy Birthday, dear friend !!!
 
 
 
Supplies used for the card:
Early Espresso, Sage Shadow, Very Vanilla card stock all from Stampin' Up!
Decorative paper is a piece of stationery (the front is cream with an espresso colored border, the design is on the back)
Ribbon from gift box of chocolates
Metal charm came off of an old denim shirt (yes, when shirts are headed to the rag bag I save buttons, etc off of them because I just never know what they could be reused for)
 
Thanks for looking =)
 

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful card and what a touching post to read!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is stunning! I need to recycle more items in my craft projects. The ribbon and trinket are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU for taking the time to leave your comments. I hope I've inspired you to get a bit crafty today ;)