Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Cassie's Memory Box/Urn FALL






I took this photo last fall. She had just come back from our daily walk to the mail box to get the newspaper. She always knew when I was sliding on my shoes by the kitchen door we were going out to get the newspaper or the mail and always tagged along. Actually, she would lead the way, skipping along then looking back over her shoulder at me to make sure I was still there. I miss her walking with me to "get the mail".




I think Ringo misses her, too. Here he is sleeping on the blanket that she slept on at times when then bed I made her was being washed. He remained on this blanket while I was working on the box. Notice how his paw is wrapped around it, like he is hugging it ? He also rolls around on the dining room floor, which he has never done before, where she peed while she was sick. 





All supplies used in this project are from Stampin' Up!, some of which are now retired.

Card Stock:
Cajun Craze
More Mustard
Chocolate Chip textured

Top Note die
Gold Pearl Ex - rubbed lightly onto the Cajun Craze card stock to give it a bit of shimmer
Lovely Leaves stamp set
Cajun Craze marker
Dusty Durango marker
Tangerine Tango marker
Pumpkin Pie marker
small piece of a page protector that I cut then wrapped around the photo to help protect it
The ribbon around the top was stamped with Whisper White craft ink and the paw print stamp from the Bow Wow stamp set. Be sure to allow plenty of time to dry well before handling.




The photo is wrapped in a piece if page protector then mounted onto Textured Chocolate Chip card stock. 

I tore the bottom edge off of a piece of Cajun Craze card stock then used my fingers to slightly curl the edge. I smudged some gold pearl ex powder onto this same piece to give it a bit of shimmer. 

I die cut a piece or More Mustard with the Top Note die. I cut it in half lengthwise and will add another piece of cardstock to fill thegap. I want a swoopy part to stick out from the top and bottom both, the xtra width will be my journaling area. It will slide in and out underneath the layered photo/mats. 

I colored a leaf image from the Lovely Leaves stamp set with markers, stamped, cut out, curled then mounted to the corner of the photo. 



Thank you for looking and taking the time to leave a comment, they are always appreciated =)

Stop by tomorrow to see the Winter side of the box. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

THANK YOU for taking the time to leave your comments. I hope I've inspired you to get a bit crafty today ;)