Thursday, April 21, 2011

Cassie's Memory Box/Urn WINTER




This is the final side to the Memory Box/ Urn I created for Cassie's ashes. It will be on display in the living room year round.


I have many fun photos of her in the snow, she loved the snow. Most snow days she and I would walk about in the snow by ourselves; our favorite time was early in the morning when the snow was still pristine and all was quiet.

When the kids were younger and went sledding, she was right there with them. She would run down the hill after them at break neck speed. Sometimes she ended up ahead of them, getting in the way. 

I had a tough time deciding which photo to put on the Winter side since I do have several favorites of her in the snow. In the end I chose this shot.

I staged it, trying to recreate a Christmas card my parents gave me that resembled our old house.




I think it turned out pretty good. I especially like to look at the blown up photo on the monitor, the snow was so deep she didn't appear to have legs and I swear she was smiling running down the hill at me. I am going to miss our walks in the snow.


How fitting that it should snow the day of her passing......

All supplies used in this project are from Stampin' Up!, some of which are now retired.

Card Stock:
Brocade Blue
Whisper White

Northern Frost Decorative Strip Snowflake die
Northern Flurry Textured Impressions embossing folder
Button - Sherbert mix
Linen thread
Dazzling Diamonds glitter
Tombow liquid glue
Sticky strip
Brocade Blue 5/8" grosgrain ribbon
Shimmer paint
small piece of a page protector that I cut then wrapped around the photo to help protect it

The ribbon around the top of the 6x6 paper mache` box was stamped with Whisper White craft ink and the paw print stamp from the Bow Wow stamp set. Be sure to set aside to dry well before handling, this will take quite a while.


I wrapped a piece of page protector around the photo before mounting it to a piece of Whisper White card stock.

Die cut a snowflake then brush on liquid glue and immediately sprinkle with Dazzling Diamonds glitter. Set aside to dry.

Run the Brocade Blue piece of card stock through the Big Shot die cut machine with the Northern Flurry embossing folder. Lightly smear Shimmer paint onto the raised snowflake images.

Cut a thin strip of scrap card stock the length of your photo and run a line of sticky strip along it. Scrunch up your ribbon and adhere it to create the crinkled ribbon accent piece. You could also do this on a sewing machine or by hand with a gathering stitch.

Attach the mounted photo to the Brocade Blue card stock. 


Adhere the scrunched up ribbon accent to the bottom of the photo with another piece of sticky strip. Use a glue dot to afix a button to the center of the snowflake then another glue dot to mount the snowflake to the ribbon. Be sure to tie a little piece of linen thread through the snowflake first if you'd like.


See the other seasonal sides to her memory box/urn here:
Spring
Summer
Fall



Thanks for looking and leaving comments, I always appreciate them =) 


No comments:

Post a Comment

THANK YOU for taking the time to leave your comments. I hope I've inspired you to get a bit crafty today ;)