Sunday, May 1, 2011

Grandma's Flowers

 Grown With Love

April Showers Bring May Flowers
so here is a project I'd like to share.

I made this several years ago. 
At the time I did not have any sort of die cutting machine. I stamped large flower images onto lightweight cardboard (the pieces that come in designer paper packs). I then hand cut the flowers out using a pair of scissors. The cut out chip board flowers were traced onto decorative papers then cut out. I adhered the paper flowers onto the card board flowers with Modge Podge glue. 

Punch circles for centers, tie on tags for names and small photos of the grand kids. 

 Decorate a tin container, add foam in the bottom to stick dowel rods into (paint them green with acrylic craft paint and hot glue on the flowers first) then top off with "grass". 


This project was entered in an old  soshelli.com contest.


Thanks for looking =) 

1 comment:

  1. cute and fun centerpiece! made with patience and love1

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU for taking the time to leave your comments. I hope I've inspired you to get a bit crafty today ;)