Saturday, May 21, 2011

Lizard On The Loose


I just cant get anything done today it seems ! 

I thought I saw a blur out of the corner of my eye this morning while I was in the kitchen. This was just after the cicada incident so I thought I was imagining things, on edge. 

As I was cleaning out the microwave this afternoon, there was another blur - quickly followed by Kitty (also known as fat cat) scurrying about the dining room. She only moves that fast if she is after something and sure enough, she was - a large lizard ! 

It looks like one of them that came out of the tree we had cut down earlier this spring. I wonder how long it was in here, exactly how it got in here...... too snake like for me, they creep me out.
They especially creep me out when they lose their tail and the disembodied tail wriggles around on the floor , eeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwwwww! 

So how did we get it out of the house ? After Kitty got it cornered I had my son get a clear plastic box while I kept an eye on it. He then used a yard stick to scoot the lizard out of the corner then I slammed the box over the lizard while keeping Kitty from trying to chase it off. My son started scooting the box across the floor towards the kitchen, our plan was to scoot it all the way to the door outside. Along the way he caught the lizards tail under the edge of the box on the tile kitchen floor and off it came, eeeeeewwwwwwwwwwww! Guess who got to clean that mess up ? No, not him since he did it, mom of course. What would they do without me ?!?

1 comment:

  1. Now there is a problem we've never had to deal with :D Good job evicting the little bugger!

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU for taking the time to leave your comments. I hope I've inspired you to get a bit crafty today ;)