Thursday, June 9, 2011

Canon Canoscan 9000F Pt2

Aha, I found out how to open the ScanGear software !

I tried scanning a negative with the FARE turned on to low. It did remove the bright spots for the most part, but the photo seems fuzzier to me now. Sigh...........





This is the negative image scanned on Auto. I circled the bright "string" on the cuff; there are also several brights specks throughout the image. 






Same image scanned using the FARE setting in ScanGear set to low. The "string" and specks appear to be gone, however the image is fuzzier. Sigh........... So much for hoping it could be a simple process.



It took a little over an hour to scan 12 color negatives with  ScanGear on the Canoscan 9000F,  FARE (Canons Film Automatic Retouching and Enhancement feature) setting on Low, Unsharp Mask on, 4800 DPI ! I don't think it is going to be necessary to scan all the photos so high - it takes so long and makes the file sizes huge. It will take some more experimenting to get the best work flow figured out.






Below are four printed photographs that I scanned using the MP Navigator software that comes with the unit. They scanned quickly ! I will need to play around with this unit and software much more to figure out the best settings.

There are two different types of photo paper/inks used on the printed photos here which is why they look so different yet in real life, the printed photos side by side do not look that different, weird!

No comments:

Post a Comment

THANK YOU for taking the time to leave your comments. I hope I've inspired you to get a bit crafty today ;)