Thursday, June 2, 2011

My Digital Studio - Pretty Girl pages







A couple of simple pages I threw together in memory of my parents dog that passed away. I used My Digital Studio from Stampin' Up! plus a few of the extra downloads. I like that there are new downloads released weekly so I can add more to the program, not be stuck with what came in the original package.


One of the pages is supposed to resemble a dog collar and tag the other a dog bone. I think they are both pretty plain, the dog bone one is especially. I'm sure I'll be tweaking it. The beauty of doing a digital page, I can go back in and change things without wasting real supplies.

I made my own background paper using a piece from the digital Night and Day designer paper. I then randomly stamped a dog from the Man's Best Friend stamp set.
TIP to make it go a little faster: stamp a small portion of the background, then group those images together, copy the grouped images then paste them all over the page, turning them as you like. I love this feature of being able to rotate the grouped images ! Once I made the background paper, I exported it to jpg then moved that saved file (I renamed it first) back into the programs Components folder under Backgrounds then Designer Series Paper folder where I made my own Custom folder. I inserted the dog background paper I made on the dog collar page then reduced the opacity for the dog bone page. 

I also have another folder in the same place titled Photographs that I moved a few .jpg images into so I could paper fill the punch images with photographs rather than paper. This is how I made the dog bone photo collage with digital punches and filled the heart on the dog collar tag.

Night and Day designer paper
Rose Red designer paper
Man's Best Friend stamp set
Heart, ovals, circle, square punches
Rhinestones
Circle and square digital punches
Rose Red seam binding

1 comment:

  1. These are great! I especially love the way the pics fit in the bone frame!

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU for taking the time to leave your comments. I hope I've inspired you to get a bit crafty today ;)