Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Scrapbook Cover "Title" made with My Digital Studio - hybrid






I used My Digital Studio from Stampin' Up! to create this "title" piece for the front of a photo album. 
It is easy to do using My Digital Studio - the most difficult part is deciding exactly which layout I wanted to print, so many ideas, stamp designs, etc to choose from !

I used the font Scriptina in Basic Black ink with a slight drop shadow for the names.

The decorative edge was made with a Torn Edges stamp brush printed in Cherry Cobbler color. The colors aren't as vibrant on the cream pearlescent paper that I printed it on unfortunately. 

I cut and punched the edges of a Red piece of card stock for the base, Basic Black for the middle. The printed piece is covered with a piece of transparency to protect the printing. All layers are attached together by pearl brads (that I do not remember where they came from or the manufacturer).

I hot glued the completed piece to the front of a hand made paper covered photo album.

I kept the protective plastic cover on the album to give to them, they can take it off if they want since I added the transparency to the printed piece. I thought about removing the protective cover and add a paper rose with leaves to the center of the large organdy ribbon, but in the end decided against it. It will be easier to store if it is flat and the white hand made paper cover would be better protected leaving the plastic cover on.

As much as I like the wedding bouquet card that I already made, I may make another one using the wedding colors of red and black so it coordinates with this album.

=) Thanks for looking ! 

1 comment:

  1. What a lovely gift! I just recently bought MDS and am still in the playing around stage. The cover is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU for taking the time to leave your comments. I hope I've inspired you to get a bit crafty today ;)