Thursday, August 18, 2011

Tough Week

Sigh.................  It's been one year exactly since my buddy Mulligan cat passed away unexpectedly. Almost 5  months to the day since making the tough decision to have Cassie dog euthanized. I still miss them both terribly.

Sending my son to the first day of school was especially difficult for me yesterday since Cassie always walked to the end of the drive and waited with him (both kids, but my daughter is no longer in school) for the bus. Cassie would watch them get on the bus then run back to the house.





I have been going back and forth , toying with the idea of adopting a rescue dog. One minute I just know I am ready to have another dog and super excited at the idea of having a dog that enjoys car rides and walking on a leash (neither of which Cassie did) , the next I am bawling, just sick at the idea. In the end, for now, I chose not to get a new dog despite having found nearly the perfect one in a rescue - 5 hours away !  I was  planning on going to meet her this weekend, but she has found a new home. Just as well I know, as much as I want another dog buddy, I do not want the hassles that can come with it. Sigh..........




2 comments:

  1. Hang in there, it's so tough to go through this :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is such a hard decision to make...We went through the same emotions when our dog died. My Shadow came into our lives at a time when we were trying to decide when we would be ready. He made the decision for us and he was exactly what we needed to move on.

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU for taking the time to leave your comments. I hope I've inspired you to get a bit crafty today ;)