Thursday, August 11, 2011

U2 360 concert

WOW, AMAZING show, despite the extreme heat, it was fantastic !!! Definitely an experience - and a record setting event for Busch Stadium in St. Louis on July 17th, 2011 ! I believe it was over 54,000 people in the stadium that night. It was a record setting concert tour as well by having over 7 MILLION people attend the show over the course of the long tour.

I made it a real "Sunday Bloody Sunday" while walking down a "Street With No Name" (ha ha ha !!) amid the throngs of people - an unseen pothole tripped me up and I fell, hard, on all fours. A hand and knee were bloodied, both knees and hands hurt for quite some time. I was pretty much a couch potato for a week afterwards !

Here are a few of my favorite shots. It was really difficult to get any photos from where I was sitting, all of the changing lights and smoke as well as the distance from the stage not to mention people standing up in my way for much of the show (grrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!) made it difficult for my old, simple point and shoot digital camera to focus. If you are a U2 fan, you can search the web for many "Magnificent" photos and video clips.






This is a panorama shot I created by using Photoshop Elements 9 to weld together three separate photos. I was surprised how well it turned out. You can look closely to see where it is joined (look at the distorted Arch). This was taken as the stadium was still filling up, waiting for U2 to take the stage.










This is the band during their opening number, Even Better Than The Real Thing.









Opening video sequence to "I'll Go Crazy If I Don't Go Crazy Tonight"








Bono with a very young fan up on stage 








 Below are a few of the many different amazing light effects of the stage, it is now for sale:



















Good Night, St. Louis !!! 




Thank you, U2 !!!!!!!!! Enjoy your well deserved time off from touring. I, like so many others, am anxious to see your next project and hope to see all of you again in St. Louis !


1 comment:

  1. How awesome is this!!!! Well, except the injury part! Looks like a great time!

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU for taking the time to leave your comments. I hope I've inspired you to get a bit crafty today ;)