Saturday, August 20, 2011

Wedding Bouquet Card




A card I spent far too much time on for my daughters young friend that is getting married this coming weekend. I enjoyed it though ! 

Punch out flowers, shape by smooshing it into the palm of your hand with the clean rubber end of a pencil. Curl the petals with a bone folder and your thumb. I used copy weight paper, but you could use card stock. Also, I made my own shimmery paper for the flowers - after I was done building the bouquet I remembered the shimmer paper I had in my hoard ! *Easier and far less time consuming than making your own paper flowers, use premade florals.

Lightly spray paper flowers with shimmer spray, set aside to dry.
My homemade shimmer spray uses a glob Jacquard Pearlex paint and rubbing alcohol, no exact measurements but definitely more alcohol than paint. It must be very "liquidy" so it will spray.  Gently swish around in a tiny spray bottle until the paint glob dissolves and makes a shimmery liquid, spritz on your project but make sure you have scrap paper all around it. Better yet, cut a card board box into a little "spray booth" to help catch stray sprays of the shimmer mist. I'm sure you can find all sorts of recipes online for making your own shimmer spray/glimmer mist/etc.

Emboss shimmer paper with Texturz plate and Big Shot die cutting machine. Adhere to card base (my card is 5" x 5" )




Trace and cut out heart pop up for the inside. Design digitally before tracing and cutting out or stamp sentiments once it is cut out. Dab in a little bit of glue on the diamond, sprinkle with Dazzling Diamonds glitter. Once dry, fold along score lines and attach to the inside of the card. *After assembling it, I thought I should have embossed around the edges of the hearts, or stamped something, it looks pretty plain. And I'm really not happy with the way the ink lightened up on the metallic paper, the especially looks awful now.





Cut several thin strips of certainly celery card stock to make stems. Adhere to a curved scrap of card stock to give it the illusion of a bunch of stems. Wrap with organdy ribbon.

Apply dimensional glitter "glue" to flower centers, set aside to dry. You could also use brads, rhinestones, flat back pearls, etc instead.

Brayer Certainly Celery ink onto vellum (or you could use Certainly Celery card stock). Punch out stems with Bird punch.

Cut a circle from a scrap of card stock to build the bouquet on. Glue the leaves on first. Layer on the flowers. I used hot glue to attach the flowers, Tombow liquid glue for the leaves.




Attach tiny rhinestone brad to tag then hot glue end to top of organdy ribbon. Lightly bend the tag before attaching if you wish.

I am going to insert it into a clear envelope then attach it to the outside of their gifts. I will wrap the gifts in large sheets of drafting vellum. I had planned on stamping random roses from the 5th Avenue Florals stamp set on the vellum and wrap black ribbons around the stacked gifts, but decided it looked too gawdy even if it is the wedding colors. I'll stick with all white gift wrap, white ribbons and this card on top. 



All supplies from Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted:
Teeny Tiny Wishes stamp set
Basic Black ink
Rhinestone brad
scrap of shimmer paper cut with scissors to make tag
Whisper White card stock
Certainly Celery card stock
Cool Metallic Shimmer paper - The Paper Company
copy paper - Simply Paper 20 lb I use in my printer
vellum - old scrap of drafting vellum
5 Petal flower punch
Two Step bird punch (for the leaves)
home made shimmer spray
dimensional glitter "glue"
Texturz embossing plate from Stampin' Up!
White organdy ribbon - retired from Stampin' Up! years ago
My Digital Studio - Word Play stamp set for the inside of the card
Dazzling Diamonds glitter and Tombow liquid glue for the ring
Heart pop up template - unknown


Thanks for looking =)


EDITED TO ADD:
This project made it to #12 on the Project Leaderboards at the
Stampin' Up! Demonstrator only web site August 23, 2011.




Inspiration sample from a book (that I did not note the name of, sorry) at our local library

2 comments:

  1. awesome card! I'm sure they are going to love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so stunning and I'm sure very time consuming! How fortunate they are to have such a crafty friend!!

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU for taking the time to leave your comments. I hope I've inspired you to get a bit crafty today ;)