Friday, October 14, 2011

Bargain Plants







Don't you just love finding a bargain, especially when it is something that you can really use ?

I stopped by our local home improvement store last week to look for paint, decided to walk through the garden department to see if there were any decorative plum trees to replace the three we had to cut down. No trees, but there were some plants marked down. I spent $6 and brought home:
3 grasses
2 flats of petunias (12 plants each)
1 flat of lantana (12 plants)
2 hanging baskets of pansies

I promptly put them in a few pots on the porch and brought out some Halloween decorations.

I by no means have a green thumb. In fact, if you looked very closely you would see more weeds than flowers !

Freshly stained porches, repainted columns and now some fresh colorful flowers. Next up, repainting the front door. All of my hard work these past two weeks is paying off.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful! I love the old sink full of plants!!! You are a true bargain shopper!!

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU for taking the time to leave your comments. I hope I've inspired you to get a bit crafty today ;)