Thursday, October 27, 2011

Classic Convertibles cards and stamped miter corner frame technique

These cards are being donated to Operation Write Home.


I've always loved this Classic Convertibles stamp set from Stampin' Up!
It's a shame they haven't made any others like it.
I really hoped they would come out with more classic vehicles in this style.




I was really happy with the way the "faux black and white photograph" cards I made turned out,
I had to make several more !






















Below are the steps to how I made the stamped frame around the image
on the above cards
using the retired Tire Tracks Stampin' Around wheel
from Stampin' Up!:



Use repositionable sticky notes or repositionable adhesive and scrap paper. 

Lay the scrap paper diagonally across the corner of the frame, 
lining up with the outer and inner corners.

Press in place. 

Stamp across the frame, starting on one piece of paper and ending on the other.




Carefully remove the scrap paper.

Make sure the ink is dry before adhering the sticky paper to the next section.





Once you are ready to lay the sticky paper over the stamped portions,
you may want to leave just a sliver of stamped image showing. 
I have found that this works better for me to get a better "miter" look in the finished
stamped frame. When you stamp onto a piece of scrap paper mask,  
it leaves a slight "gap" along that edge. By moving the mask just a tiny bit to show a sliver
of already stamped card stock, the edges seem to meet better - for me at least. 

Do this for all four sides and 
you will have a stamped "mitered corner" frame.
Closeup below:







Thanks for looking =) 



2 comments:

  1. Those are awesome! I love the faux BW look, it really came out neat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That framing technique is AWESOME! I have got to try this! These are such wonderful guy cars!!

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU for taking the time to leave your comments. I hope I've inspired you to get a bit crafty today ;)