Friday, October 21, 2011

Football Shaped Card








I made this football shaped card for a nephews birthday. It was all freehand drawn and cut.
I used a Fiskars texture plate, Leather, to create the embossing.
The stitching is made with tiny little strips of Whisper White card stock from Stampin' Up! cut and glued on.
The white stripes at each end are cut and embossed text weight paper.
The football is made from Soft Suede card stock, Stampin' Up!
I used a stylus to hand draw, emboss the "seams" a the top and bottom of the football. I then used a Crumb Cake marker from Stampin' Up! to follow the lines, darkening them up a bit.
All of the work to the football was done on it's own piece that I then glued to another folded card and cut in the shape of a football.
It is small, it fits in a standard A2 size envelope.



Here is the (lopsided!) pattern I drew and used. I have no idea how to make a really nice one on the computer - surely someone out there has a nice, true to size pattern to follow. I didn't take the time to try to find one so I made my own.

Cut along the solid lines, use a stylus on the dashed lines to create seams (or cut out each piece separately to create real seams).

I cut out this shape for the card front, then made another with it slightly off of the edge of a folded card base. I adhered the decorated football to the folded card base.






Thanks for looking =)

1 comment:

  1. This is so awesome! The leather embossing was perfect for this!

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU for taking the time to leave your comments. I hope I've inspired you to get a bit crafty today ;)