Wednesday, January 25, 2012

House Card - Punch Art

A friend recently bought a new home so I made this card for her. The roof flips up, the middle of the card opens.









Here is the quick sketch I made first to figure out dimensions:



I wanted it to be a 5 1/2"  by 4 1/4" card when folded
She bought a ranch style house, I thought about making a longer card to fit in a business size envelope. If I had done that, I was going to try to make it resemble the new house more, then decided against it because I didn't think the scale would look right with the supplies/tools I had.





I used all sorts of items to make this card, some of which were from Stampin' Up!

Here are a couple of closer photos:





Martha Stewart Fern (?) punch, Always Artichoke card stock
Soft Suede card stock and Woodgrain stamp scrap for window box and planter
unknown tiny flower punch, So Saffron card stock
Stickles glitter glue for centers of flowers
acetate for window
black construction paper for the shutter; stylus to make lines
lace scrap for curtains
scrap of unknown card stock inside for "painted walls"






burgundy card stock for door
edges were inked with Basic Gray ink
silver metallic card stock for door knob, 1/4" punch





Congratulations stamp from All Year Cheer stamp set, Stampin' Up!
The roof was made with black construction paper and a Basic Black marker.
The card base is a speckled piece of card stock, possibly Confetti from Stampin' Up!


Thanks for looking =)

3 comments:

  1. This is so cute - what a clever idea you came up with! You go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The perfect card for moving into a new house! Love all of the little details that went into this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, so creative! I love this house card and I will CASE it for some new home buyers. Also got an idea for a Christmas card. Thank you.

    Ter ;)

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU for taking the time to leave your comments. I hope I've inspired you to get a bit crafty today ;)